Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When a group of suburban dads (Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill) decides to form a neighborhood watch, they never suspect they will end up defending their community from an alien attack.
Why Is The Watch Rated R?
The Watch is rated R for some strong sexual content including references, pervasive language and violent images.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Watch...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Explicit depiction of impalement.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, evisceration and decapitation.
- Scene depicting several characters engaged in sexually suggestive activity.
- Breast nudityin a sexual context.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Approximately 47 instances of sexual language.
- Approximately 145 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.
- Excessive use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- Two scenes of drug use involving marijuana.
- One portrayal of implied illegal and prescription drug use for recreational purposes – no detail.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Watch.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Watch...
The Watch comes to home video in a rated (theatrical) and unrated version on November 13, 2012.