Full Review Coming Soon!
Look for our review on or near Sep 19, 2014.
Thomas (Dylan O'Brien) has no memory of who he was before he arrived in a compound surrounded by a maze. But the future for himself, and the other boys also trapped there, seems to depend on them figuring out how to navigate the labyrinth.
Why Is The Maze Runner Rated PG-13?
The Maze Runner is rated PG-13 for thematic elements and intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, including some disturbing images.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Maze Runner...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Some grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Frequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence, some involving children and monsters.
- Infrequent portrayals of gruesome illness and death.
- Several frightening scenes.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, mild cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Extra info about this movie
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Maze Runner.
Another group of boys are detained in a camp for ulterior reasons in Holes. Another dystopian society amuses themselves by putting youth in a life and death situation in The Hunger Games. The movie Ender’s Game depicts adults exploiting the talents of teens to beat a formidable enemy.