Hot Tub Time Machine 2 Parent Guide
Sex, drugs and time travel... oh my!
Hot Tub Time Machine 2
Rating & Content Info
Why is Hot Tub Time Machine 2 rated R? Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is rated R by the MPAA for crude sexual content and language throughout, graphic nudity, drug use and some violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Portrayals of fighting, shooting, stabbing and electrocution, with blood and detail.
- Frequent use of crude and detailed sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Brief portrayal of sexual coercion, with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Full frontal nudity.
- Breast and male genital nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Three scenes of crude content depicting vomit.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Portrayals of implied sexual activity, with no nudity and some detail.
- Embracing and kissing
Approximately 250 instances of coarse and sexual language, including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, many times in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use to excess.
- Substance abuse.
Detailed portrayals of illegal drug use involving cocaine.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
News About "Hot Tub Time Machine 2"
Cast and Crew
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is directed by Steve Pink and stars Rob Corddry, Adam Scott, Clark Duke, Craig Robinson.
Learn more about the theory of time travel.