Hot Tub Time Machine Parent Guide
Hot Tub Time Machine
Rating & Content Info
Why is Hot Tub Time Machine rated R? Hot Tub Time Machine is rated R by the MPAA for strong crude and sexual content, nudity, drug use and pervasive language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of violence, including depictions of fighting, stabbing and dismemberment (some blood and detail shown).
- Occasional gory images.
- Portrayals of implied/ simulated sexual activity (breast nudity seen)..
- Infrequent portrayals of breast and buttock nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent references to coerced sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language, references and sexual slurs.
- Crude content.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol consumption to excess.
- Detailed portrayals of illegal substance abuse for recreational purposes.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 19, 2016
News About "Hot Tub Time Machine"
Cast and Crew
Hot Tub Time Machine is directed by Steve Pink and stars John Cusack, Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson, Clark Duke.
Hot Tub Time Machine releases to DVD and Blu-ray on June 29, 2010.