Mr. Peabody (voice of Ty Burrell) may be the top dog when it comes to intelligence, but he doesn't have a dog-gone idea how to be a parent to his boy Sherman (voice of Max Charles). And the genius canine will have to dig up all his best tricks after his human kid takes his secret time machine out for a spin.
Why Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman Rated PG?
Mr. Peabody & Sherman is rated PG for some mild action and brief rude humor.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Mr. Peabody & Sherman...
Violence: Characters are rounded up and sentenced to death by a guillotine. One man narrowly misses being beheaded. Characters cause a massive explosion by igniting methane gas in the sewer system. A child, who is humiliated and bullied at school, bites another child. A baby is abandoned in a box in an alley. Characters are thrown in a tomb with mummies. Characters are threatened with swords and engage in a battle with weapons. Characters take, pilot and crash a flying machine. Police are involved in a car crash during a chase. A character is repeatedly shot with a Taser for comedy relief. A woman is smashed by a falling stone. Other depictions of hitting and non-graphic violence are seen.
Sexual Content: A man has his pants cut off, exposing his underwear, during a sword fight. A character makes a joke about female anatomy. A painting with a female bosom is shown. Friends embrace. Brief, mild sexual comments are made.
Language: The script contains some name-calling and a brief sexual double entendre.
Alcohol / Drug Use: One character shows off his bartending skills by mixing up drinks for his dinner guests. Two men are seen in an alley surrounded by alcohol bottles.
Other: The script includes several “poop” jokes and other moments of bathroom humor.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Mr. Peabody & Sherman.
Another child plays with his father’s time machine in Meet the Robinsons. The bond between dogs and humans is comically portrayed in It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and The Incredible Adventures Of Wallace & Gromit.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: G
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Mr. Peabody & Sherman...
Home Video Notes: Mr. Peabody and Sherman
Release Date: 14 October 2014 (Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ and DVD)
Release Date: 23 September 2014 (Digital HD)
DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody and Sherman releases to home video in 3 packages:
Mr. Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray Deluxe Edition (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
- Feature film in high definition
- Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends Show (The premiere episode of the original 1959 television show).
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman Segments (Five segments from the original television series: Robin Hood, Leonardo Da Vinci, Louis XVI, William Shakespeare, Ludwig Van Beethoven).
- History’s Greatest Mysteries – A Dog and his Boy
- Peabody’s Paw Print on History: Mr. Peabody gets his pawprints in cement at the TCL Chinese Theatre. Features cast members Ty Burrell (voice of “Mr. Peabody”) and Max Charles (voice of “Sherman”), and filmmakers Rob Minkoff (director), Alex Schwartz (producer) and Tiffany Ward (executive producer). for the festivities. Also appearances by some famous furry friends including Lassie, Beethoven, Rin Tin Tin, and a dog named George Clooney.
- Time Travel Memory Match game
- The WABAC Jigsaw Puzzle game
Mr. Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray 3D Deluxe Edition (Blu-ray™ 3D + Blu-ray™ + DVD + Digital Copy)
- Feature film in high definition and 3D
- All of the above plus: All New Rocky & Bullwinkle Adventure
Mr. Peabody & Sherman DVD (DVD)
- Feature film in standard definition
- Tour of the WABAC Machine (An in-depth tour of the WABAC machine with explanations of what many of the WABAC’s knobs, buttons, and gizmos do. And answers to questions like: What is a Pneumatic Dressilator? A hemidemisemiquavatron? How do those windshield wiper help while speeding through the space-time continuum? )
- Time Travel: Mad Science (Real physicists Kenneth Wharton and Anthony Aguirre find out if there is any possibility of time travel, and if so, how it would work. They explore the two time travel theories of the Block Universe and the Multi-Verse. Learn why scientists think only forward time travel is possible, and how Einstein’s Theory of Relativity still determines how scientists imagine the possibilities of time travel.)
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- World of DreamWorks Animation: Music videos from your favorite DreamWorks Animation feature films.
- Holiday Favorites: Sneak Peeks