Trainspotting Parent Guide
Trying to get clean.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Trainspotting rated R? Trainspotting is rated R by the MPAA for graphic heroin use and resulting depravity, strong language, sex, nudity and some violence
- Bloody injuries are shown after characters engage in fist-fights and brawls.
- The body of a dead child is shown in some detail. and decomingof A man is hit in the face with a beer glass and beaten briefly, his face is partly covered with blood.
- A child suffered because of a neglectful parent.
- Disturbing scenes related to drug induced hallucinations.
- Simulated sexual activity is shown.
- Female nudity is seen.
- A transvestite is depicted.
- Approximately 170 uses of a sexual expletive.
- Frequent scatological slang.
- Crude sexual slang and anatomical terms.
- Mild and moderate profanity.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
-Frequent and detailed scenes of illegal drug use, including heroin.
- Characters suffer from hallucinations, sever withdrawal symptoms and drug related diseases.
- Characters smoke and drink , often in a bar setting..
- Detailed depiction of the use of a Morphine suppository.
Page last updated August 3, 2017
News About "Trainspotting"
Cast and Crew
Trainspotting is directed by Danny Boyle and stars Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller .
The most recent home video release of Trainspotting movie is September 13, 2011. Here are some details…
Trainspotting releases to home video (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) on September 13, 2011.