Get Our Full Review
Without skipping a beat, former army buddies (played by Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye) join musical forces to rescue dames, win hearts, and spread Christmas cheer in this 1954 family classic. Their attempt to help a former commander provides plenty of singing and dancing opportunities.
Why Is White Christmas Rated Not Rated?
White Christmas is rated Not Rated
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in White Christmas...
Former army buddies turned successful song-and-dance men team up with two beautiful aspiring entertainers at a ski lodge in Vermont. Romance, comedy, and Christmas cheer are on the ticket of this family friendly holiday musical classic.
Bombed-out ruins shown with background explosions. Men armed with rifles. Army troops come under attack, debris sails through air, and wall collapses—injuring character.
Sexual Content: B+
Men strip to undershirts and shorts while changing clothes. Many female characters wear leg-revealing dance costumes. Men cross-dress to perform musical number. Kissing shown between unmarried couples.
At least: A few minor insults, and 8 terms of Deity used in lyrics of song.
Alcohol / Drug Use: C+
Characters occasionally smoke cigarettes, pipes, and cigars. Alcohol served at meals and during party.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to White Christmas.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About White Christmas:
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: G
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of White Christmas...Home Video Notes: White Christmas: Diamond Anniversary Edition
Release Date: 14 October 2014
The 1954 classic White Christmas releases on October 14, 2014, in a Diamond Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray/DVD/CD Combo Pack). Bonus extras include:
- Commentary by Rosemary Clooney
- Backstage Stories from White Christmas - The production boasted the #1 and #3 box office stars of its time and the director of Casablanca. It featured the most popular song in American history and became the highest-ranking film at the box office in 1954. From little-known production details to behind-the-scenes trivia, this segment offers insights about the timeless holiday classic.
- Bing Crosby: Christmas Crooner - Crosby's family members offer personal memories of the film and discuss the crooner's Yuletide connection. The piece also includes film historians sharing rare stories about Crosby and White Christmas and a visit to Crosby's hometown of Spokane, Washington.
- Danny Kaye: Joy to the World—Some people only know him as the silver screen's 'court jester,' but Danny Kaye was a true humanitarian who helped children around the world as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. This moving tribute sheds light on the multi-talented actor, who won two honorary Academy Awards®, including the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, and spread joy beyond the Hollywood spotlight.
- Irving Berlin's White Christmas - Many people don't know all of the lyrics to the most popular Christmas song of all time or that Irving Berlin wrote it while sitting poolside at an Arizona Resort. This fascinating feature sheds light on the genesis and enduring popularity of the best-selling single in American history.
- Rosemary's Old Kentucky Home -Take a tour of Rosemary Clooney's home in Augusta, Kentucky, which has become a historical landmark.
-White Christmas: From Page to Stage - The legacy of White Christmas continues with a hit Broadway musical, nominated for two Tony awards.
- White Christmas: A Look Back with Rosemary Clooney
- Two Theatrical Trailers
Exclusive HD Content
- Feature film with optional Sing-Along Subtitle Track
- Classic Holiday Moments
- Assignment Children - With introduction by Michael Bublé
- White Christmas Photo Galleries