Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
In this Happy Madison comedy, a middle-school teen was left with the job of raising a child after he fathered a son with his schoolteacher -- who was subsequently imprisoned. Now when the grown child is about to be married, his still irresponsible father makes an unwanted appearance.
Why Is That’s My Boy Rated R?
That’s My Boy is rated R for crude sexual content throughout, nudity, pervasive language and some drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in That’s My Boy...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, beating and electrocution.
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Nudity, depicting breasts and buttocks, in sexual contexts.
- Frequent breasts and buttocks nudity shown in non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Four sexually suggestive scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual language and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Infrequent crude portrayals of bodily functions (shown in some detail).
- Approximately 207 instances of coarse language.
- Approximately 42 instances of sexual language.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in aggressive or sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use (smoking).
- Alcohol abuse.
- Three scenes of drug use involving marijuana and cocaine.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to That’s My Boy.
Weddings prove to be stressful for other characters as well. In Bride Wars, two best friends find themselves fighting over the same location and date for their upcoming nuptials. A nervous bride repeatedly fails to make it to the altar in Runaway Bride. A woman finds herself rethinking her relationship with an old friend after he announces his engagement to another woman in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of That’s My Boy...
That’s My Boy releases to home video on October 16, 2012.