Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
The bad guys clash with the worse guys in this sequel to Sin City. Both of these Film Noir styled movies are based on the characters of Frank Miller's graphic novels.
Why Is Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Rated R?
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is rated R for strong brutal stylized violence throughout, sexual content, nudity, and brief drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, sometimes in a context of brutality and intimidation.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, decapitation and eye gouging.
- Gory and grotesque images, including blood, dismemberment, and detail.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with breast nudity and some detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
Approximately 21 instances of coarse language including:
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
- Frequent, often aggressive use of sexual slurs, vulgar expressions, and cursing.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
Extra info about this movie
Learn more about the dark movie-making style of Film Noir.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
This movie is the sequel to Sin City. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a crime fighter in The Dark Knight Rises. Jessica Alba also worked with director Robert Rodriguez in Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World.