Full Review Coming Soon!
Look for our review on or near Sep 06, 2013.
After penning the popular novel Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger turned into a recluse. This documentary interviews friends, family and those affected by his influential book, hoping to reveal the man behind the mystery.
Why Is Salinger Rated PG-13?
Salinger is rated PG-13 for disturbing war images, thematic elements and smoking.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Salinger...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent archival footage of war combat, casualties and Holocaust victims, with some detail shown.
- Infrequent, detailed descriptions of violence.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Restrained portrayals of non-graphic violence
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of profanity and vulgar expressions.
- One use of an ethno-cultural slur in a historical context.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of smoking in a historical context.
Extra info about this movie
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Salinger.