Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When his daughter and her friend disappear, a desperate Dad (Hugh Jackman) disappointed by the way a police detective (Jake Gyllenhaal) is handling the case, kidnaps the person he suspects is responsible (Paul Dano).
Why Is Prisoners Rated R?
Prisoners is rated R for disturbing violent content including torture, and language throughout.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Prisoners...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and some brutal detail.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details, blood and tissue damage.
- Brief portrayal of suicide with blood and detail.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, torture and shooting.
- Disturbing scenes / adverse psychological impact.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Mild sexual references and language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Prisoners.
Hugh Jackman plays another character that takes the law into his own hands (should we say steely claws?) in The Wolverine (and X-Men Origins-Wolverine and the X-Men Franchise.) Jake Gyllenhaal investigates strange weather in The Day After Tomorrow. And Paul Dano can be seen in Cowboys and Aliens.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About Prisoners:
Christmas Comes Early With Critics Choice NominationsChristmas is just around the corner but for some in the movie industry the celebrations have already started. This week the Broadcast Film Critics Association (our reviewer Rod Gustafson is a voting member) announced the nominees for this years 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards. The winners will be named ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Prisoners...
Prisoners is coming to home video on December 17, 2013.