Get Our Full Review
Do you believe in Santa? That is the question asked by Chris Van Allsberg's storybook that inspired this film. Coming to life through the marvel of computer animation and the talents of Tom Hanks, it's a movie experience sure to make believers out of even the biggest skeptics.
Why Is The Polar Express Rated G?
The Polar Express is rated G
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Polar Express...
Other than some very mild peril of a fantasy nature, there is no content that will concern most viewers.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Polar Express.
After watching The Polar Express, it may be time to pull out some other Christmas favorites that have been around for a while. The original, animated version of Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Muppet Christmas Carol are two other films aimed at children. For the whole family, sit down with It’s a Wonderful Life, the classic holiday tale of a man who is beleaguered with problems and ready to give up.
News & Views About The Polar Express:
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: G
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Polar Express...
DVD Release Date: 22 November 2005
Climb aboard The Polar Express in one of four DVD release choices: Single Disc Widescreen, Single Disc Full Screen, Two-Disc Widescreen, or Two-Disc Widescreen with Snow Globe and Toy Train. If you decide to gift wrap either of the 2 disc options, you will be treated to the following bonus features:
- 2 menu challenges that kids can play
- The never-before-heard Smokey and Steamer song
- Featurette: You Look Familiar: Hear about Tom Hanks’ 5 unique roles, how each character was different, and what it took for him to bring each one to life
- True Inspiration—An Author’s Adventure: Chris Van Allsburg discusses his artistic background and how he conceived the idea for The Polar Express book
- Josh Groban at the Greek performing the Academy Award nominated original song Believe. Also go behind-the-scenes!
- A Genuine Ticket to Ride: Behind-the-scenes secrets on Performance Capture, Virtual Cameras, Hair and Wardrobe, Creating the North Pole, and Music.
Both single and double disc editions offer the feature film in English (Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), French (Dolby Digital 5.1) and Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1). Subtitles are available in English, Spanish and French.