Monsters Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Monsters rated R? Monsters is rated R by the MPAA for language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence
- Infrequent portrayals of gun and alien violence (no blood shown).
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses (some blood and detail shown).
- Infrequent portrayals of frightening monsters.
- Some scenes may frighten young children.
- Suspenseful situations.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Mild sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of alcohol consumption and drunkenness.
Page last updated July 20, 2016
News About "Monsters"
Cast and Crew
Monsters is directed by Gareth Edwards and stars Scoot McNairy, Whitney Able .
The most recent home video release of Monsters movie is February 1, 2011. Here are some details…
Monsters is releasing to home video on February 1, 2011.
Related home video titles:
Following in the genre footsteps of monster movies like Cloverfield and District 9, this low-budget production was shot by a four-person crew. (Expect a lot of hand-held camera work.) Much of its dialogue is improvised. Filmed on location in Central America, many of the extras are local people without any theatrical training. Actors Scoot McNairy and Whitney Able are married to each other in real life.
Another married couple (Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly) co-star in the movie Creation, about the life of Charles Darwin.