Gold Parent Guide
Not all that glitters is gold.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Gold rated R? Gold is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout and some sexuality/nudity.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of physical assault.
- Characters are in perilous situations.
- Scenes that may frighten children.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with no nudity and little detail.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Buttock nudity in a non-sexual context;
- Crude content and vulgar expressions.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 130 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing and profanity.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent alcohol use and drunkenness.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Gold after the break...
News About "Gold"
This movie is loosely based on a true story. Learn more about the rise and fall of Bri-X.
Gold has a similar production aesthetic as the R-rated Wolf of Wall Street, which also follows the schemes and scandals of a get rich quick scheme.
Cast and Crew
Gold is directed by Stephen Gaghan and stars Bryce Dallas Howard, Matthew McConaughey, Rachael Taylor .
The most recent home video release of Gold movie is May 2, 2017. Here are some details…
Gold releases to home video on May 2, 2017.