Eighth Grade Parent Guide
An awkward year.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Eighth Grade rated R? Eighth Grade is rated R by the MPAA for language and some sexual material.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and innuendo, some in an educational context ( no nudity and some detail).
- Crude content.
- Scene depicting sexual content.
Approximately 25 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
Page last updated August 10, 2018
More parents' guide for Eighth Grade after the break...
News About "Eighth Grade"
Eighth Grade is opening in limited release in the USA. It opens in select Canadian markets on July 20, 2018.
Cast and Crew
Eighth Grade is directed by Bo Burnham and stars Elsie Fisher, Josh Hamilton, Emily Robinson.