Dallas Buyers Club Parent Guide
Dallas Buyers Club
Rating & Content Info
Why is Dallas Buyers Club rated R? Dallas Buyers Club is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, some strong sexual content, nudity and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence
- Depictions of fighting and choking.
- Detailed disturbing/offensive scenes.
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity with some breast nudity and detail.
- Infrequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language.
- Sexual references, slurs and innuendo.
Approximately 200 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Sexual and ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Detailed portrayals of drug use involving cocaine.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Detailed alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Dallas Buyers Club after the break...
News About "Dallas Buyers Club"
This movie is inspired by a true story. Learn more about the real Ron Woodroof.
Learn more about HIV/AIDS.
Cast and Crew
Dallas Buyers Club is directed by Jean-Marc Vallée and stars Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto, Steve Zahn.
The most recent home video release of Dallas Buyers Club movie is February 4, 2014. Here are some details…
Dallas buyers Club is releasing to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet) on February 4, 2014.