Why is Hall Pass rated R?
Official MPAA Rating: Hall Pass is rated R for for crude and sexual humor throughout, language, some graphic nudity and drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence with no blood and little detail.
- Pervasive use of crude and descriptive sexual language, innuendo and references.
- Portrayals of female breast nudity and male frontal nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Partial or full frontal nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Portrayals of implied sexual activity (no nudity some detail).
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Two portrayals of crude bodily functions (no nudity, some detail).
- Occasional offensive scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- One detailed portrayal of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.