Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
What were they thinking! Everyone who has ever seen a horror movie knows you never go into isolated houses in forested locations. But a group of friends, evidently not familiar with this stereotypical setting, enter a Cabin in the Woods and are afterward surprised by the grisly consequences that follow.
Why Is The Cabin in the Woods Rated R?
The Cabin in the Woods is rated R for strong bloody horror violence and gore, language, drug use and some sexuality/nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Cabin in the Woods...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence, including depictions of impalement.
- - Frequent and prolonged portrayals of beating, shooting, stabbing, impalement, burning, mutilation and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of gruesome deaths, with blood, gore, and detailed wounds.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Adverse psychological impact.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and sexual references.
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Five scenes of drug use involving marijuana.
- Frequent detailed portrayals of illegal drug use.
- Substance abuse.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Cabin in the Woods.
Actor Richard Jenkins, who appears in this movie, stumbles into a surprising situation when he arrives at an apartment he owns, but hasn’t been to for a while in The Visitor. Chris Hemsworth played another trespassing character (with a few more recourses at his disposal) in Thor.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Cabin in the Woods...
Cabin in the Woods releases to home video on September 18, 2012.