12 Strong Parent Guide
Few against many.
Rating & Content Info
Why is 12 Strong rated R? 12 Strong is rated R by the MPAA for war violence and language throughoutViolence:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a military context, with blood and some brutal detail.
- Violence to animals.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 85 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity.
- Infrequent use of vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking in a recreational context.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated January 19, 2018
More parents' guide for 12 Strong after the break...
News About "12 Strong"
The movie 12 Strong is based on a real military operation that is told in great detail by Doug Stanton (a journalist and author) in his book Horse Soldiers. He describes the operation like a story. His account has received many positive reviews. Ted Tally and Peter Craig are the writers of the screenplay for the movie.
Jerry Bruckheimer is one of the producers behind the film. The cast includes Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky, who play a husband and wife -- and are married to each other in real-life too.
Cast and Crew
12 Strong is directed by Nicolai Fuglsig and stars Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon, Michael Peña, Taylor Sheridan, William Fichtner..