Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Parent Guide
A billboard is worth a thousand words.
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Rating & Content Info
Why is Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri rated R? Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language throughout, and some sexual referencesViolence:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of physical assault, suicide and injury.
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (some in a suicide context), with blood and detail.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Crude content.
Approximately 160 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Sexual, developmental, and ethnocultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated February 27, 2018
News About "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI has been nominated by the Academy Awards in the Best Picture category.
From the Studio:
THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI is a darkly comic drama from Academy Award winner Martin McDonagh (In Bruges). After months have passed without a culprit in her daughter's murder case, Mildred Hayes (Academy Award winner Frances McDormand) makes a bold move, painting three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William Willoughby (Academy Award nominee Woody Harrelson), the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell), an immature mother's boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.
Written by Fox Searchlight Pictures
Cast and Crew
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is directed by Martin McDonagh and stars Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell.
The most recent home video release of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri movie is February 27, 2018. Here are some details…
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) on February 27, 2018, with the following extras:
- Featurette: “Crucify ‘Em: The Making of Three Billboards”
- Six Shooter (Short Film)