Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Parent Guide
Just about any excuse for murder will do.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Rating & Content Info
Why is Sin City: A Dame to Kill For rated R? Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is rated R by the MPAA for strong brutal stylized violence throughout, sexual content, nudity, and brief drug use.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, sometimes in a context of brutality and intimidation.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, decapitation and eye gouging.
- Gory and grotesque images, including blood, dismemberment, and detail.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with breast nudity and some detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
Approximately 21 instances of coarse language including:
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
- Frequent, often aggressive use of sexual slurs, vulgar expressions, and cursing.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For"
Learn more about the dark movie-making style of Film Noir.
Cast and Crew
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is directed by Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez and stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis.
The most recent home video release of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For movie is November 18, 2014. Here are some details…
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For releases to home video (Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet) on November 18, 2014.