Public Enemies Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Public Enemies rated R? Public Enemies is rated R by the MPAA for gangster violence and some language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Portrayals of graphic violence.
- Frequent gun, weapon, and hand-to-hand confrontations (blood and details are shown).
- Torture is implied (some blood and details are shown).
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual activity is implied (no nudity).
- Infrequent use of sexual language
- A crude bodily function is implies (with little detail).
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated May 9, 2020
News About "Public Enemies"
Cast and Crew
Public Enemies is directed by Michael Mann and stars Christian Bale, Johnny Depp.
The most recent home video release of Public Enemies movie is December 8, 2009. Here are some details…
Public Enemies releases to DVD and Blu-ray on December 8, 2009.
Related home video titles:
The life and death of another bank robber is explored in the movie The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford. Christian Bale plays a similar role of a man attempting to bring an outlaw to justice in 3:10 To Yuma. The tale of a thief, who endured himself to the public because he stole from the rich and gave to the poor, is found in Disney’s family-friendly Robin Hood.