The Hateful Eight Parent Guide
If three is a crowd, then eight is critical mass just waiting to explode.
The Hateful Eight
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Hateful Eight rated R? The Hateful Eight is rated R by the MPAA for strong bloody violence, a scene of violent sexual content, language and some graphic nudity.
- Visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand conflict with blood and some gory detail.
- Several depictions of beating, shooting and stabbing.
- Scene of sexual violence.
- Gory and grotesque images
- Disturbing scenes.
- Portrayal of a sexual assault with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Buttocks and genitalia nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references.
- Crude content
Approximately 140 instances of coarse and sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural slurs.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "The Hateful Eight"
Cast and Crew
The Hateful Eight is directed by Quentin Tarantino and stars Channing Tatum, Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson, Jennifer Jason Leigh.
The most recent home video release of The Hateful Eight movie is March 29, 2016. Here are some details…
The Hateful Eight releases to home video on March 29, 2016.
Related home video titles:
The Magnificent Seven also presents a group of bounty hunters, but this lot finds a worthier cause to die for. Another group of strangers are thrown together in the western movie Stagecoach.