The Gift Parent Guide
No exchanges, returns or substitutions...
Rating & Content Info
Please Note: We have not viewed this movie. The information below is a summary based on data gathered from government and industry sponsored film classification agencies in various global regions.
Why is The Gift rated R? The Gift is rated R by the MPAA for language.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting (some in a domestic context) with no blood or detail.
- Several scenes depicting threat, intensity and suspense, with one in a sexual context.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
- Scenes that may frighten children.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 49 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and prescription drug use.
- Infrequent references to addiction.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "The Gift"
Cast and Crew
The Gift is directed by Joel Edgerton and stars Joel Edgerton, Jason Bateman, Rebecca Hall.
The most recent home video release of The Gift movie is October 27, 2015. Here are some details…
The Gift releases to home video on October 27, 2015.