You were Never Really Here Parent Guide
Reality is allusive.
You were Never Really Here
Rating & Content Info
Please Note: We have not viewed this movie. The information below is a summary based on data gathered from government and industry sponsored film classification agencies in various global regions.
Why is You were Never Really Here rated R? You were Never Really Here is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence, disturbing and grisly images, language, and brief nudityViolence:
- Theme of sexual abuse involving minors.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of brutal hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, with blood and detail.
- Scene of explicit violence depicting injury and self-harm /suicide.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent buttock in a non-sexual context.
- Scene of nudity, depicting buttocks and genitalia, in a sexual context.
- Crude content.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Limited embracing and kissing.
- References to child sexual abuse.
Approximately 26 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated April 6, 2018