Whiplash Parent Guide
A teacher can either whip up or beat down a student.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Whiplash rated R? Whiplash is rated R by the MPAA for strong language including some sexual references.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting and beating.
- Infrequent portrayals of injuries with some blood.
- Detailed disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual language and references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 120 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural, developmental, and sexual slurs.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Whiplash after the break...
News About "Whiplash"
Whiplash is opening in limited release on October 10, 2014.
Cast and Crew
Whiplash is directed by Damien Chazelle and stars Miles Teller, Melissa Benoist, J.K. Simmons, Paul Reiser.
The most recent home video release of Whiplash movie is February 24, 2015. Here are some details…
Whiplash releases to home video on February 24, 2015.