Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
What do you get when you put together a pot dealer (Jason Sudeikis), a stripper (Jennifer Aniston), and a couple of wayward teens (Will Poulter and Emma Roberts)? Well, the drug seller is hoping it will look enough like a family that they can slip over the Mexican boarder in an RV and return undetected with a huge shipment of marijuana.
Why Is We’re the Millers Rated R?
We’re the Millers is rated R for crude sexual content, pervasive language, drug material and brief graphic nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in We’re the Millers...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, electrocution and shooting.
- Portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence in a comic context, with little blood shown.
- Three scenes of nudity, depicting buttocks and genitalia, in non-sexual contexts.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language with some detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
Approximately 170 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol abuse:
- References to drugs and alcohol use.
- Tobacco Use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to We’re the Millers.
Jennifer Aniston pretends to the wife of her boss in the movie Just Go With It. Emma Roberts is a different kind of troubled teen in It’s Kind of a Funny Story. And Will Poulter played another tag-along in Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader . Up until now Jason Sudeikis has not appeared in any family friendly movies, but he will lend his voice talents to the animated adventure Epic.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About We’re the Millers:
Box Office Releases List of Top Grossing Movies for 2013It’s that time of year when everyone makes lists—either goals for the New Year or the “best of” from 2013. In the spirit of the season, Box Office Mojo has released a list of 2013’s top domestic box office movies (as of December 1).
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of We’re the Millers...
We’re The Millers releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy) in an Extended Edition on November 19, 2013.