Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When Judd Foxamn (Jason Bateman) gathers with his family members for his father's funeral, he also reunites with all of the clan's dysfunctional behaviors.
Why Is This Is Where I Leave You Rated R?
This Is Where I Leave You is rated R for language, sexual content and some drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in This Is Where I Leave You...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Four scenes depicting fighting and electrocution.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Frequent use of sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 120 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Slurs and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of illegal drug use (marijuana) for recreational purposes, with some detail.
- Substance abuse
- Tobacco use
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to This Is Where I Leave You.
Another man deals with death and betrayal in The Descendants. The passing of his wife causes a father to try to reconnect with his family in Everybody’s Fine. And a son attempts to distance himself from his dysfunctional family in The Way Way Back.