Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
A party at James Franco's house (host played by James Franko) attracts a lot of other celebrities, such as Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Emma Watson (each playing themselves). As the shenanigans get underway, the guest fear the end of the world may be approaching.
Why Is This Is The End Rated R?
This Is The End is rated R for crude and sexual content throughout, brief graphic nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violence
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in This Is The End...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Visually explicit portrayals of violence shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent gun, weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and detail.
- Explicit depiction of decapitation and dismemberment.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, dismemberment, impalement, mutilation, burning and explosion.
- Nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Portrayal of sexual activity with breast and buttocks nudity shown with some detail.
- Brief male genital nudity in a comic context.
- Crude content.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions (urination and vomiting) shown in some detail.
Approximately 400 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Aggressive slurs and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug use (marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy), for recreational purposes.
- Detailed, graphic portrayals of substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to This Is The End.
James Franco can also be seen in Oz The Great and Powerful, Emma Watson in the Harry Potter franchise and Jay Baruchel in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice. The rest of the cast has appeared in movies that we can’t recommend for family viewing.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About This Is The End:
Christmas Comes Early With Critics Choice NominationsChristmas is just around the corner but for some in the movie industry the celebrations have already started. This week the Broadcast Film Critics Association (our reviewer Rod Gustafson is a voting member) announced the nominees for this years 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards. The winners will be named ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of This Is The End...
This is the End releases to home video on October 1, 2013.