Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Turning forty can be tough. But it is not just the passing years that are the problem -- or so discovers Pete (Paul Rudd) when his wife (Leslie Mann) reaches the beginning of this critical decade and decides on a list of resolutions destined to reinvent their lives.
Why Is This Is 40 Rated R?
This Is 40 is rated R for sexual content, crude humor, pervasive language and some drug material.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in This Is 40...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, stabbing and explosion.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Partial or full nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language.
- Infrequent crude portrayals of bodily functions.
Approximately 131 instances of coarse language, including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Slurs and sexual references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayal of illegal drug use in a recreational context, with some detail.
- Substance abuse.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to This Is 40.
This movie features the some of the same characters portrayed in the film Knocked Up.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of This Is 40...
This Is 40 releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy) in both a rated and unrated version ( includes 3 additional minutes not seen in theatres) on March 22, 2013.