Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Reviving the classic horror movie, this 2013 rendition brings the chainsaw wielding killer to life in graphic 3D.
Why Is Texas Chainsaw Rated R?
Texas Chainsaw is rated R for strong grisly violence and language throughout.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Texas Chainsaw...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Explicit depictions of dismemberment, evisceration, mutilation and torture.
- Frequent, brutal portrayals of gun and weapons violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gruesome corpses with blood and details.
- Some scenes could have an adverse psychological impact.
- Several scenes of depicting beating, shooting, burning and stabbing.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Buttock nudity seen in a sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expression.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
- Substance abuse.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Texas Chainsaw.
Alexandra Daddario can also be seen in Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Tania Raymonde was a child when she starred in Children on their Birthdays. Most of the rest of the cast are new faces on the big screen.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Texas Chainsaw...
Texas Chainsaw releases to home video on April 30, 2013.