The Shape of Water Parent Guide
Love sees beyond the outward appearance.
The Shape of Water
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Shape of Water rated R? The Shape of Water is rated R by the MPAA for sexual content, graphic nudity, violence and language.Violence:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Several scenes of violence depicting injury and physical assault.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some in a torture context, with blood and detail.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Scenes that may frighten children.
-Nudity in sexual situation.
- Full frontal nudity.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with breast and buttock nudity, along with detail.
- Infrequent female frontal and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
Approximately 26 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context,
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Ethnocultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use in recreational and historical contexts.
Page last updated March 13, 2018
News About "The Shape of Water"
From the Studio:
From master story teller, Guillermo del Toro, comes THE SHAPE OF WATER - an other-worldly fable, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1962. In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is trapped in a life of isolation. Elisa's life is changed forever when she and co-worker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a secret classified experiment. Rounding out the cast are Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Michael Stuhlbarg and Doug Jones.
Written by Fox Searchlight Pictures
Cast and Crew
The Shape of Water is directed by Guillermo del Toro and stars Sally Hawkins, Octavia Spencer, Michael Shannon.
The most recent home video release of The Shape of Water movie is March 13, 2018. Here are some details…
The Shape of Water releases to home video (Blu-ray) on March 13, 2018.
Bonus features include:
- A Fairy Tale for Troubled Times
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue
- Anatomy of a Scene: The Dance
- Shaping the Waves: A Conversation with James Jean
- Guillermo del Toro’s Master Class
- Theatrical Trailers