Manchester by the Sea Parent Guide
Manchester by the Sea
Rating & Content Info
Why is Manchester by the Sea rated R? Manchester by the Sea is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout and some sexual content.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Several scenes depicting physical assault.
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, some in a context of self-harm, with some blood and little detail.
- Infrequent references to illness, accidents, death, and dying.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scene, with no nudity and some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 130 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing and profanity.
- Developmental slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use and abuse.
- Mentions of illegal drug use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Manchester by the Sea after the break...
News About "Manchester by the Sea"
Cast and Crew
Manchester by the Sea is directed by Kenneth Lonergan and stars Casey Affleck, Michelle Williams, Kyle Chandler, Lucas Hedges..
The most recent home video release of Manchester by the Sea movie is February 21, 2017. Here are some details…
Manchester By The Sea releases to home video on February 21, 2017.
Related home video titles:
An aunt also struggles with the weight of responsibility when she becomes the guardian of her sister’s children in Raising Helen.