Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Spoofing the 1980s TV series MacGyver, Will Forte of Saturday Night Live fame plays MacGruber, a former special operative. Using weapons he has made himself from common, every day objects, and with the help of a team of experts, MacGruber comes out of retirement to thwart bad guy Dieter Von Cunth (Val Kilmer) and his plot to nuke Washington, D.C.
Why Is MacGruber Rated R?
MacGruber is rated R for strong crude and sexual content, violence, language and some nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in MacGruber...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of graphic violence.
- Brief visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Frequent gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a comedic context (some blood and detail shown).
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language and references.
- Breast and buttock nudity seen in non-sexual contexts.
- Nudity seen in a sexual context.
- Portrayals of simulated sexual activity (with some nudity).
-Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Use of a developmental slur.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to MacGruber.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of MacGruber...
MacGruber releases to DVD and Blu-ray on September 7, 2010. Both formats offer 2 versions of the movie: The Rated R (91 min) theatrical version and an Unrated (95 min) version.