Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Things seem to be going badly for Lucy (Scarlett Johansson), who is caught up in a deal-gone-wrong. But things are about to get even worse for her captors, once Lucy morphs into an unstoppable woman of rage.
Why Is Lucy Rated R?
Lucy is rated R for strong violence, disturbing images, and sexuality
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Lucy...
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence, with acts shown in a realistic manner (detail, blood and tissue damage).
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of transformations in a science fiction context.
- Depictions of beating, shooting and stabbing.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of illegal drug use and its effects.
- Substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Extra info about this movie
From The Studio:
From La Femme Nikita and The Professional to The Fifth Element, writer/director Luc Besson has created some of the toughest, most memorable female action heroes in cinematic history. Now, Besson directs Scarlett Johansson in Lucy, an action-thriller that tracks a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.
Lucy also stars Academy Award® winner Morgan Freeman and is produced by Virginie Besson-Silla for EuropaCorp. Universal Pictures will distribute the movie worldwide, except for France, Benelux and China.
—Written by Universal Pictures
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Lucy.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Lucy...
Lucy releases to home video on January 20, 2015.