It Comes at Night Parent Guide
Danger within and without.
It Comes at Night
Rating & Content Info
Why is It Comes at Night rated R? It Comes at Night is rated R by the MPAA for violence, disturbing images, and language.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Several frightening scenes depicting threat, intensity and suspense.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Several depictions of physical assault, weapons use and injury.
- Frequent portrayals of nightmarish imagery, with some blood.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Mild sexual innuendo.
Approximately 33 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Alcohol Use.
Page last updated June 8, 2017
News About "It Comes at Night"
Cast and Crew
It Comes at Night is directed by Trey Edward Shults and stars Joel Edgerton, Riley Keough, Carmen Ejogo.
From the Studio: Secure within a desolate home as an unnatural threat terrorizes the world, the tenuous domestic order he has established with his wife and son is put to the ultimate test with the arrival of a desperate young family seeking refuge. Despite the best intentions of both families, paranoia and mistrust boil over as the horrors outside creep ever-closer, awakening something hidden and monstrous within him as he learns that the protection of his family comes at the cost of his soul. Written by A24