The Hunting Ground Parent Guide
Are universities a hunting ground for sexual preditors?
The Hunting Ground
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Hunting Ground rated PG-13? The Hunting Ground is rated PG-13 by the MPAA 13 for disturbing thematic material involving sexual assault, and for language.
The Hinting Ground is opening in limited theaters.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Discussion of sexual assault.
- Theme of sexual violence-
- Infrequent references to self-harm and suicide in a context of post-traumatic stress.
- Frequent verbal accounts of sexual violence in a context of emotional distress, with some detailed sexual language.
- Sexual references.
- Theme of sexual violence.
Approximately 180 instances of sexual language.
- Infrequent, sometimes aggressive, use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, sexual slurs, and vulgar expressions, sometimes in a bullying context.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs and alcohol use.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
News About "The Hunting Ground"
Cast and Crew
The Hunting Ground is directed by Kirby Dick and stars Kirby Dick, Amy Ziering, Amy Herdy .
The most recent home video release of The Hunting Ground movie is December 1, 2015. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: The Hunting Ground
Release Date: 1 December 2015
The Hunting Grounds>/i> releases to home video with the following extras:
- Additional Stories
- Q&A with Annie Clark and Andrea Pino
Related home video titles:
In the movie , which is based on a true story, a young woman attends a friend’s party where something goes terrible wrong. Director Kirby Dick also made the documentary The Invisible War, that looked at unreported sexual assault in the military.