Hell or High Water Parent Guide
One way or another, the debt will be paid.
Hell or High Water
Rating & Content Info
Why is Hell or High Water rated R? Hell or High Water is rated R by the MPAA for some strong violence, language throughout and brief sexuality.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of weapons use and hand-to-hand violence with some blood and detail.
- Portrayals of injury and physical assault.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Nudity seen in sexual situation.
- Sexual references and language.
Approximately 65 instances of coarse language, including;
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Ethnocultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context.
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco use.
Page last updated January 26, 2017
More parents' guide for Hell or High Water after the break...
News About "Hell or High Water"
Cast and Crew
Hell or High Water is directed by David Mackenzie and stars Jeff Bridges, Gil Birmingham, Ben Foster, Chris Pine.
The most recent home video release of Hell or High Water movie is November 22, 2016. Here are some details…
Hell or High Water releases to home video on November 22, 2016.