Get Our Full Review
The constant hurling of vulgarities from these undersized teammates is enough to send any heavenly being scampering for cover.
Why Is Hardball Rated PG-13?
Hardball is rated PG-13 for thematic elements, language and some violence. (re-rating)
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Hardball.
For other baseball movies, check out Angels In The Outfield and Rookie Of The Year. The Mighty Ducks features an underdog hockey team from the poor side of the city that is also stuck with a reluctant coach. Keanu Reeves also starred in a football film called The Replacements.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: PG
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Hardball...
Although we have not reviewed the DVD version of Hardball, we provide the following for your convenience…
DVD Release Information:
- Studio: Paramount Home Video
- Theatrical release date: September 14, 2001
- DVD release date: February 19, 2002
- Runtime: 106 minutes
- Production company: Paramount Pictures
- Package type: Keep case
- Aspect ratio: Widescreen anamorphic - 1.85:1
- DVD encoding: Region 1
- Available audio tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English & French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround).
- Available subtitles: English.
- Commentary by Director Brian Robbins and Writer John Gatins
- Making of featurette
- Deleted scenes
- Hardball music video featuring Lil Bow Wow, Lil’ Wayne, Lil’ Zane, and Sammie