Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
At first, every one feels sorry for Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) when his wife (Rosamund Pike) mysteriously disappears on their wedding anniversary. But sympathy is replaced with suspicion as investigators uncover sobering facts about the true nature of the couple's relationship.
Why Is Gone Girl Rated R?
Gone Girl is rated R for a scene of bloody violence, some strong sexual content/nudity, and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Gone Girl...
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent portrayals of violence (some in a domestic or sexual context) with blood and detail.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Several scenes of violence depicting beating and stabbing.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Nudity seen in a torture situation.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Portrayals of sexual activity, with breast and buttock nudity, and some detail.
- Nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent detailed sexual language and references.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Gone Girl.