Get Our Full Review
When Ira Kane (David Duchovny) and Harry Block (Orlando Jones) find microscopic forms within some blue goop oozing from a meteorite that recently hit Arizona, the pair of science professors from the insignificant Glen Canyon Community College believe they are the first to have proof of life on another planet.
Why Is Evolution Rated PG-13?
Evolution is rated PG-13 for crude and sexual humor, and for sci-fi action
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Evolution.
Although this film includes the discovery of a meteor (similar to Deep Impact and Armageddon) the monsters make it reminiscent of Jurassic Park. If you’re anxious for an alien experience check our review of the classic Close Encounters Of The Third Kind.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Evolution...
Although we have not reviewed the DVD version of Evolution, we provide the following for your convenience…
DVD Release Information:
- Studio: Dreamworks SKG
- Theatrical release date: June 8, 2001
- DVD release date: December 26, 2001
- Runtime: 102 minutes
- Production company: Dreamworks
- Package type: Keep case
- Aspect ratio: Widescreen anamorphic - 1.85:1
- DVD encoding: Region 1
- Available audio tracks: English (DTS), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround).
- Available subtitles: English, French.