Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
A former black ops commando (Denzel Washington) has dreams of a quiet retirement until the cruelty of the world around him reawakens his sense of justice.
Why Is The Equalizer Rated R?
The Equalizer is rated R for strong bloody violence and language throughout, including some sexual references.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Equalizer...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and brutal detail.
- Brief, visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Infrequent use of sexual language.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 120 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / DrugUse:
- Tobacco use.
Extra info about this movie
This movie is based on a former TV series also called The The Equalizer.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Equalizer.
Denzel Washington plays another character that uses a gun to get what he feels is just in John Q. A lawyer put his own safety at risk when he acts as defense in a controversial trial in To Kill A Mocking Bird. A group of vigilantes band together in The A-Team.