End of Watch Parent Guide
End of Watch
Rating & Content Info
Why is End of Watch rated R? End of Watch is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence, some disturbing images, pervasive language including sexual references, and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Frequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with some blood and detail shown.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting and stabbing.
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses, with some blood and some detail shown.
- Infrequent visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, ethno-cultural slurs, and crude sexual references.
- Approximately 510 instances of coarse language and 12 instances of sexual language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Infrequent portrayals of illegal drug use (marijuana).
- Alcohol and substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 9, 2016
News About "End of Watch"
Cast and Crew
End of Watch is directed by David Ayer and stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Peña, Anna Kendrick, America Ferrera.
The most recent home video release of End of Watch movie is January 21, 2013. Here are some details…
End of Watch comes to home video on January 22, 2013.