Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Officers Taylor and Zavala (Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña) have been partners and friends for a long time. And each other may be all this pair of cops has after accidentally stumbling into an angry and vengeful drug cartel during the course of duty.
Why Is End of Watch Rated R?
End of Watch is rated R for strong violence, some disturbing images, pervasive language including sexual references, and some drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in End of Watch...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Frequent hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with some blood and detail shown.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting and stabbing.
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses, with some blood and some detail shown.
- Infrequent visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, ethno-cultural slurs, and crude sexual references.
- Approximately 510 instances of coarse language and 12 instances of sexual language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Infrequent portrayals of illegal drug use (marijuana).
- Alcohol and substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to End of Watch.
Cops that feel like brothers are also featured in Courageous. Jake Gyllenhaal appears as another man in uniform in Source Code. And Michael Peña plays a character on the other side of the law in Tower Heist.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of End of Watch...
End of Watch comes to home video on January 22, 2013.