Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Funerals can be murder, and that is exactly what might happen to some of the relatives who gather at this one. Although they begin with the intention of putting a family member to rest, they instead awaken past feuds, current misunderstandings and a few old skeletons that would have been better left in the closet.
Why Is Death at a Funeral Rated R?
Death at a Funeral is rated R for language, drug content and some sexual humor.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Death at a Funeral...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence
- Depictions of fighting.
- Buttock nudity seen in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent references to sexual activity.
- Portrayals of crude bodily functions.
- Sexual references and innuendo
- Crude content and use of sexual slang terms.
- Limited embracing and kissing.
- Approximately 90 instances of coarse language.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing and profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of accidental drug use in a comic context.
- Substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Death at a Funeral.
Kingdom Come depicts another African American family funeral with guests that really need to bury the hatchet. Attending the funeral of his estranged aunt gives a conniving ad agent an opportunity to redeem himself in The Fighting Temptations.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Death at a Funeral...
Death at a Funeral releases to DVD and Blu-ray on August 10, 2010.<.p>