The Darkest Minds Parent Guide
Children should be seen, but not take over the world.
The Darkest Minds
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Darkest Minds rated PG-13? The Darkest Minds is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for violence including disturbing images, and thematic elements
Darkest Minds stars Amanda Sternberg and Harris Dickinson.
From the Studio:
When teens mysteriously develop powerful new abilities, they are declared a threat by the government and detained. Sixteen-year-old Ruby, one of the most powerful young people anyone has encountered, escapes her camp and joins a group of runaway teens seeking safe haven. Soon this newfound family realizes that, in a world in which the adults in power have betrayed them, running is not enough and they must wage a resistance, using their collective power to take back control of their future.
Written by Twentieth Century Fox
Page last updated July 5, 2018
More parents' guide for The Darkest Minds after the break...
News About "The Darkest Minds"
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence (most involving children), with little blood and detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of physical transformations, with some frightening detail.
- Several scenes depicting physical assault and injury.
- Grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Several scenes that may frighten young children.
- Embracing and kissing.
Six instances of coarse language including:
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- None noted.
Cast and Crew
The Darkest Minds is directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson and stars Mandy Moore, Amandla Stenberg, Harris Dickinson.