The Conjuring Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Conjuring rated R? The Conjuring is rated R by the MPAA for sequences of disturbing violence and terror
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, many involving children.
- Frequent nightmarish imagery, portrayals of corpses, and unexplained aural and visual phenomena, with some blood and detail shown.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Several frightening scenes depicting supernatural beings.
- Depiction of fighting.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Mild sexual references.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and mild cursing.
- Limited use of slurs.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "The Conjuring"
Cast and Crew
The Conjuring is directed by James Wan and stars Ron Livingston, Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson.
The most recent home video release of The Conjuring movie is October 22, 2013. Here are some details…
The Conjuring releases to home video on October 22, 2013.