Cloud Atlas Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Cloud Atlas rated R? Cloud Atlas is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language, sexuality/nudity and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand conflict and weapons use with blood and some detail shown.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, shown with breast/buttock nudity and some detail.
- Infrequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated July 9, 2016
News About "Cloud Atlas"
Cast and Crew
Cloud Atlas is directed by Tom Tykwer, Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski and stars Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Grant, Hugo Weaving.
Learn more about novelist David Mitchell here: http://www.thousandautumns.com
Check out the book Cloud Atlas here: http://www.thousandautumns.com/cloud-atlas/
The most recent home video release of Cloud Atlas movie is May 14, 2013. Here are some details…
Cloud Atlas will release to home video on May 14, 2013, in a Combo Pack: Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy.