Chappie Parent Guide
Too smart for his own good.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Chappie rated R? Chappie is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language and brief nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Mild sexual references.
- Breast nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of illegal substances in the context of trafficking.
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
News About "Chappie"
Cast and Crew
Chappie is directed by Neill Blomkamp and stars Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver, Sharlto Copley .
From The Studio: Every child comes into the world full of promise, and none more so than Chappie: he is gifted, special, a prodigy. Like any child, Chappie will come under the influence of his surroundings - some good, some bad - and he will rely on his heart and soul to find his way in the world and become his own man. But there's one thing that makes Chappie different from anyone else: he is a robot. The first robot with the ability to think and feel for himself. His life, his story, will change the way the world looks at robots and humans forever. Written by Sony Pictures Entertainment
More About the Movie: The character of Chappie is brought to life by motion capture techniques.
The most recent home video release of Chappie movie is June 16, 2015. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Chappie
Release Date: 16 June 2015
Chappie releases to home video with the following special features:
- Alternate Ending
- Extended Scene: “A Very Bad Man”
- “The Art of Chappie” Photo Gallery
- “We Are Tetravaal” featurette – Weaver, Jackman & Patel discuss their characters & on-set experiences.
- Eight Featurettes:
· “Chappie: The Streetwise Professor” – An inside look at Chappie and casting Copley to play the robot and his performance via motion capture.
· “Arms Race: The Weapons and Robots” – Get a deeper look at the real-world firepower tech and the design of the “Scout” robots & “Moose.”
· “Bringing Chappie to Life: The Visual Effects” – The film’s VFX artists discuss the pre-production design process.
· “From Tetra Vaal to Chappie” – An in-depth exploration of the scriptwriting process, the early concept design work and other aspects of pre-production.
· “Keep It Gangster” – A behind-the-scenes look at the process of creating an authentic South African gangster world featuring interviews with NINJA and ¥O-LANDI VI$$ER.
· “The Reality of Robotics” – Discover present day robotics capabilities and next generation artificial intelligence, featuring an interview with Robotics Professor Wolfgang Fink.
· “Jozi: Real City and a Sci-Fi Setting” – Discover the history of the real world locations in the film and the role these setting played in the fictionalized version of Johannesburg.
· “Rogue Robot: Deconstructing the Stunts & Special Effects” – A look at the film’s high-action stunt sequences.