Broken City Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Broken City rated R? Broken City is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language, some sexual content and violence.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of beating and shooting with some blood and detail shown.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual content.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Five instances of sexual language.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 116 instances of profanity and coarse language, including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, crude sexual references, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use and abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Broken City after the break...
News About "Broken City"
Cast and Crew
Broken City is directed by Allen Hughes and stars Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Kyle Chandler.