Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Although Oliver (Ewan McGregor) knows that some people have "skeletons in their closets," he isn't prepared when his father (Christopher Plummer) "outs" his secrets. The 75-year-old man reveals he is dying of cancer and that he is a homosexual with a much younger lover.
Why Is Beginners Rated R?
Beginners is rated R for language and some sexual content
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Beginners...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Occasional disturbing/offensive scenes.
- Some scene may frighten young children.
- Nudity seen in a non-sexual content.
- Brief portrayal of sexual illustration (little detail shown).
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Use of mild sexual language.
- Embracing and kissing
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Beginners.
Ewan McGregor’s career was catapulted into the limelight when he played Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Christopher Plummer is well known for his role as the father of the von Trapp family in The Sound of Music.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Beginners...
Beginners releases to home video on November 15, 2011.